There has been a long-standing debate in the world of home construction between modular home providers and stick built companies. And, understandably, each of them has some very valid points as to why one type of home is better. Ultimately, it comes down to personal choice and budget. However, if you are trying to figure out what makes a modular home attractive to so many people, then consider these eight reasons for choosing a modular home in Virginia.
- Modular homes can be built significantly quicker than a stick built home because much of it arrives already put together. In fact, a modular home can be built in just a few weeks while a traditional stick built home can take as much as a year. This quicker build time, also means that there is less time for the construction crew to risk having tools stolen from the job site.
- Modular homes are framed using 2x6s rather than 2x4s. This actually lowers utility bills, offering long time saving for the homeowner.
- Because the home is made in-factory there is a consistency in size, and there is are substantial savings because the factories are able to purchase building materials in bulk. Also, there is very little waste involved in the manufacturing and construction of the modular home VA.
- Modular homes come with long warranties–if you find a modular home provider that doesn’t, go to another company!
- Modular homes are built for quality. The construction is done using only the most advanced equipment, so you can rest assured that the floors, walls, ceilings, etc. will be plumb, square and true.
- Modular homes are built in factories, thus protecting them from the weather during the actual building process.
- Even though modular homes are built in factory, they offer just as much room for flexibility in floor plans as a stick built home.
- Modular home construction can act as a single point of business, so you do not need to be your own contractor. In fact, the modular home company will provide all the people need to assemble the home on site, so once you have selected the location for the modular home VA and the floor plans, the only thing left for you is to pack up and move in.
Modular homes have been around for many years, and will continue to produces and built. They are well made, can hold up to the elements, have long warranties and will last for years. But, should you be trying to decide between a stick built home and a modular home, and aren’t sure what is best for you, talk to Virginia’s construction professionals Carbide Construction. We would love to help you!
Contact us today by calling 703-550-8711 or contact us online.