As modular homes continue to grow in popularity, more and more homeowners are enjoying their many benefits including faster build time, sustainability and more. And, if you haven’t yet fully grasped the process of building modular homes, we are here to help you learn more about them! And, when you’re ready to get started on a new home of your very own, don’t hesitate to give us a call. With beautiful custom designed modular homes from Carbide Construction, now is a great time to build! And, with this innovative modular home building process, you could be in your new home in as little as six weeks! As the experts in modular homes for Falls Church and the surrounding areas, we have put together an abridged outline of the building process to help you understand it a little better.
This is the typical modular homes building process, the actual process may vary.
1. First, there is the land/lot development.
- Clear title if not already owned
- Conduct site accessibility study prior to purchase if not already owned
- Perk or probe test or public sewer if available. This should be conducted prior to purchase if not already owned
- Land survey if not already owned
2. Then comes the design, paperwork & permits.
- Select modular model, options
- Develop and finalize prints, plans, options, finishes and specs
- Sign contracts
- Sign-off on plans and specs
- Secure financing
- Set target occupancy date
- Issue deposit
- Establish construction activities/schedule
- Obtain and post permits including building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, road and more
- Application for gas/electrical service
- Site survey
3. The foundation and site work begins! There is a lot that goes into this part but some steps include:
- Site preparation including dumpster delivery
- Layout and excavation
- Pour footings & footing inspection
- Construction and inspection of foundation walls
- Basement window installation
- Pouring of basement floor, backfill
- And more
4. Site prep.
- Completion of foundations and footings
- Obstacles for crane and transporters removed
- Scheduling of bulldozer, operator and utility crew
5. Then the modular home is delivered and set.
- Module delivery and unwrapping
- Checking of inventory
- Module set
- Fasten and check module
- Prepare mating surfaces, wires, pipes ducts and stairs
- Lift roof, dormers and other roof elements
- Make the home weather tight
6. Exterior finishing.
- Siding and masonry
- Shutters, chimney
- Gutters and downspouts
- And more
7. Interior finishing.
- Interior electrical
- Plumbing connections
- Clean up
- And more
8. Finally, it’s closing time! This final step in the process includes the final clean up, walk through, building inspection, occupancy permit and then move-in day!
There are many steps that all come together to build one beautiful, convenient and energy-efficient home in just a few weeks! Ready to get started? To learn more about modular homes in Falls Church, Fairfax, Springfield, Arlington, Alexandria and the surrounding areas, call Carbide Construction at 703-550-8711 or you can Contact Us for more information.